From "Jim R. Wilson" <wilson.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Hadoop experts wanted
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 21:23:20 GMT
Hi all,

Hadoop is a great project and a growing niche.  As it becomes even
more popular, there will be increasing demand for experts in the
field.

I am compiling a contact list of Hadoop experts who may be interested
in opportunities under the right circumstances.  I am not a recruiter
- I'm a regular developer who sometimes gets asked for referrals when
I'm not personally available.

If you'd like to be on my shortlist of go-to experts, please contact
me off-list at: wilson.jim.r@gmail.com

Please be prepared to show your expertise by any of the following:
 * Committer status or patches accepted
 * Commit access to another open source project which uses Hadoop
 * Bugs reported which were either resolved or are still open (real bugs)
 * Articles / blog entries written about Hadoop concepts or development
 * Speaking engagements or user groups at which you've presented
 * Significant contributions to documentation
 * Other? (I'm sure I didn't think of everything)

I'll be happy to answer any questions, and I look forward to hearing from you!

-- Jim R. Wilson (jimbojw)