From Ted Dunning <tdunn...@veoh.com>
Subject Re: How is the hadoop marked in the UK/Europe?
Date Mon, 19 May 2008 16:32:42 GMT

Hadoop is new technology.  You aren't going to find opportunities to work
with it via job agencies.

That said, there is a growing trend towards scalable systems in general and
Hadoop in particular.  Lately, it seems that everywhere I turn around, I
find another startup company using hadoop.  I just was asked to perform due
diligence on a 12 person web-search startup and wa

On 12/17/07 3:05 AM, "jfbaro" <jeanfautrix@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> Hi guys,
> I have been investing some time in learning/experimenting Hadoop and I am
> getting quite excited about it. I was wondering how hard it would be to get
> a job in a company which is already using (or about to use) this
> techonology.
> It seems to me only huge companies and Data Centres are the market for
> Hadoop, is that right?
> I tried to find Haddop job opportunities through job agencies but these
> opportunities seem pretty rare.
> Thanks very much

View raw message