From "Tanton Gibbs" <tanton.gi...@gmail.com>
Subject Hadoop Streaming
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 17:00:52 GMT
I'm running hadoop 0.16.3 and am trying to get hadoop streaming to work.

I can run the command, but it just output's the following and seems to hang:

[Wed May 21 11:38:48 tgibbs]
$ hadoop jar /usr/local/hadoop/contrib/streaming/hadoop-0.16.3-streaming.jar
             -input eproducts -output eproducts-out
             -mapper org.apache.hadoop.mapred.lib.FieldSelectionMapReduce
             -reducer org.apache.hadoop.mapred.lib.IdentityReducer
             -jobconf map.output.key.field.separa=,
             -jobconf mapred.data.field.separator=,
             -jobconf map.output.key.value.fields.spec=2:1
             -jobconf mapred.reduce.tasks=10
additionalConfSpec_:null
null=@@@userJobConfProps_.get(stream.shipped.hadoopstreaming
packageJobJar: [/tmp/] [] /tmp/streamjob32721.jar tmpDir=null

Any ideas as to  what might be causing that or what I can try - some
way to inspect what is going on, perhaps?