From Derek Shaw <derek.s...@rogers.com>
Subject Re: Collecting output not to file
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 13:56:44 GMT
Good point.

I want to put the results of the reduce function in a multimap instead of writing them to
a file.

-Derek

Amar Kamat <amarrk@yahoo-inc.com> wrote: Derek Shaw wrote:
> Hey,
>
> From the examples that I have seen thus far, all of the results from the reduce function
are being written to a file. Instead of writing results to a file, I want to store them
What do you mean by "store and inspect"?
>  and inspect them after the job is completed. (I think that I need to implement my own
OutputCollector, but I don't know how to tell hadoop to use it.) How can I do this?