From pvvpr <pv...@research.iiit.ac.in>
Subject IP based cluster - address space issues
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 20:14:44 GMT
Hello,
  We have a cluster that we initially configured using IP addresses
instead of hostnames (i.e., all namenode, datanode references are
mentioned as IP addresses rather than hostnames. We did this with an
intuition that the cluster might work faster). However, our entire IP
address subnet is now changing in our center due to reasons beyond our
control.

  When we changed the machine IP address to the new subnet, the datanodes
refuse to start. How can I have a clean start without messing my old
data?

thanks in advance for help.

- Prasad Pingali,
LTRC,