From s29752-hadoopu...@yahoo.com
Subject Re: Hadoop Permission Problem
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 18:40:09 GMT
Hi Senthil,

drwxrwxrwx    4 hadoop   hadoop       4096 May  8 16:31 hadoop-hadoop
drwxrwxrwx    2 test  test      4096 May  9 09:29 hadoop-test

>From the output format, the directories above seem not HDFS directories.  Are you running
map/red jobs over local file system (e.g. Linux)?

Nicholas

----- Original Message ----
From: "Natarajan, Senthil" <senthil@pitt.edu>
To: "core-user@hadoop.apache.org" <core-user@hadoop.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, May 9, 2008 6:36:27 AM
Subject: RE: Hadoop Permission Problem

Hi Nicholas,
That's what I was wondering. Here is the datastore directory permission in the master machine.

drwxrwxrwx    5 hadoop   hadoop       4096 May  7 18:02 datastore

This datastore directory present only in the master right not on the slaves right? I couldn't
find.

After I changed the permission for datastore I restarted dfs and mapred. But still it complains
about the permission.

Even I changed all the directories in datastore to 777

drwxrwxrwx    4 hadoop   hadoop       4096 May  8 16:31 hadoop-hadoop
drwxrwxrwx    2 test  test      4096 May  9 09:29 hadoop-test

What are the places I need to change the permissions so that UserB can submit the job using
the jobtracker and tasktracker started by UserA.

Thanks,
Senthil