From s29752-hadoopu...@yahoo.com
Subject Re: JAVA_HOME Cygwin problem (solution doesn't work)
Date Sat, 24 May 2008 00:50:10 GMT
The following works for me
set JAVA_HOME=/cygdrive/c/Progra~1/Java/jdk1.5.0_14

Nicholas

----- Original Message ----
From: vatsan <juggernautvatsan@gmail.com>
To: core-user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 5:41:05 PM
Subject: JAVA_HOME Cygwin problem (solution doesn't work)

I have installed hadoop on cygwin , I am running windows XP.

My Java directory is C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06

I am not able to run hadoop as it complains of "no such file or directory
error".

I did some searching and found out someone had proposed a solution of doing

SET JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06

in the Cygwin.bat file,

but that doesn't work for me.

Neither does using the absolute path name "\cygwin\c\Program Files\Java" OR
using  \cygwin\c\"Program Files"\Java

Can someone guide me here?

(I understand that the problem is because of the path convention conflicts
in windows and Cygwin, I found some stuff on fixes for the path issues that
spoke of using cygpath.exe as a fix ... for example while running a java
program on cygwin, but could not find anything that addressed my problem.)