From C G <parallel...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: HDFS corrupt...how to proceed?
Date Mon, 12 May 2008 18:40:57 GMT
Thanks to everyone who responded.   Things are back on the air now - all the replication issues
seem to have gone away.  I am wading through a detailed fsck output now looking for specific
problems on a file-by-file basis.

  Just in case anybody is interested, we mirror our master nodes using DRBD.  It performed
very well in this first "real world" test.  If there is interest I can write up how we protect
our master nodes in more detail and share w/the community.

  Thanks,
  C G

Ted Dunning <tdunning@veoh.com> wrote:

You don't need to correct over-replicated files.

The under-replicated files should cure themselves, but there is a problem on
old versions where that doesn't happen quite right.

You can use hadoop fsck / to get a list of the files that are broken and
there are options to copy what remains of them to lost+found or to delete
them.

Other than that, things should correct themselves fairly quickly.