From Michael Gottesman <gotte...@reed.edu>
Subject Hadoop Failing - trying to read a directory as a file
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 11:31:29 GMT
Hello. I am trying to run Nutch patched for Hadoop 0.17 on a 0.17 build
of Hadoop.

The problem I am having is that Hadoop seems to be failing in a way that
is unrelated to Nutch, specifically it seems to be attempting to read a
directory as a file. I am mailing you guys for advice about what to do
with this exception.

Here is a pastie of the output:
<http://pastie.caboo.se/205908>

Basically for some reason hadoop seems to be attempting to read a
directory /mnt/hadoop/mapred/temp/.../_logs when it appears to
want /mnt/hadoop/mapred/temp/.../_logs/history.

I looked around already for a solution to this problem on the lists and
found another person who had posted about a similar issue but his/her
problems were not answered in a way that was coherent and
understandable:
<http://www.mail-archive.com/core-user@hadoop.apache.org/msg01844.html>

Is this a bug? Should I just go in and hack at the thing to try and get
it to work? What does the list think?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Michael