From "Ian Tegebo" <ian.teg...@gmail.com>
Subject New user, several questions/comments (MaxMapTaskFailuresPercent in particular)
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 19:36:05 GMT
The wiki has been down for more than a day, any ETA?  I was going to search the
archives for the status, but I'm getting 403's for each of the Archive links on
the mailing list page:

http://hadoop.apache.org/core/mailing_lists.html

My original question was about specifying MaxMapTaskFailuresPercent as a job
conf parameter on the command line for streaming jobs.  Is there a conf setting
like the following?

mapred.taskfailure.percent

My use case is log parsing files in DFS whose replication is
necessarily set to 1; I'm
seeing block retrieval failures that kill my job (I don't care if ~10% fail).

Thanks,

--
Ian Tegebo