From "Colin Freas" <colinfr...@gmail.com>
Subject changing master node?
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 16:53:15 GMT
i changed the master node on my cluster because the original crashed hard.

my nodes share an nfs mounted /conf.  i changed all the ip's appropriately,
starting and stopping seems to work fine.

when i do a bin/hadoop dfs -ls i get this message repeating itself over and
over:

08/04/14 06:01:10 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server: /
10.0.2.13:54310. Already tried 1 time(s).

is there something more i need to do to reconfigure the system?  do i need
to reformat hdfs, with all the accompanying headaches or is there a simpler
solution?

-colin