From "Bradford Stephens" <bradfordsteph...@gmail.com>
Subject Hadoop Cluster Administration Tools?
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:36:49 GMT
Greetings,

I'm compiling a list of (free/OSS) tools commonly used to administer Linux
clusters to help my company transition away from Win solutions.

I use Ganglia for monitoring the general stats of the machines (Although I
didn't get the hadoop metrics to work). I also use ntop to check out network
performance (especially with Nutch).

What do you all use to run your Hadoop clusters? I haven't found a good tool
to let me run a command on multiple machines and examine the output, yet.

Cheers,
Bradford