From Jason Venner <ja...@attributor.com>
Subject 0.16.0 initialization errors, badly constructed host:port names for the dynamically bound ports?
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 16:05:56 GMT
We occasionally see the following error messages in our logs.

The base parameter has not been changed in hadoop-default.xml or
overridden in hadoop-site.xml

<property>
  <name>mapred.task.tracker.report.address</name>
  <value>127.0.0.1:0</value>
  <description>The interface and port that task tracker server listens on.
  Since it is only connected to by the tasks, it uses the local interface.
  EXPERT ONLY. Should only be changed if your host does not have the
loopback
  interface.</description>
</property>

2008-04-22 08:55:24,899 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker: Can
not start task tracker because java.lang.NumberFormatException: For
input string: "56154:0"
        at
java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.net.NetUtils.createSocketAddr(NetUtils.java:117)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker.initialize(TaskTracker.java:423)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker.run(TaskTracker.java:1345)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker.main(TaskTracker.java:2198)