From Amar Kamat <ama...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Interleaving maps/reduces from multiple jobs on the same tasktracker
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 14:07:54 GMT
Jiaqi Tan wrote:
> Hi,
> Will Hadoop ever interleave multiple maps/reduces from different jobs
> on the same tasktracker?
> Suppose I have 2 jobs submitted to a jobtracker, one after the other.
> Must all maps/reduces from the first submitted job be completed before
> the tasktrackers will run any of the maps/reduces from the second
> submitted job?
Tasks from a new job is never scheduled unless the tasks from other high
priority jobs are completely scheduled. Within the jobs with the same
priority, the start time is what finally matters. A job's priority at
the JobTracker can be changed on the fly but as of now its not supported
by the JobClient.
> Thanks.
> Jiaqi Tan

View raw message