From André Martin <m...@andremartin.de>
Subject Re: How often Name node fails?
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 16:28:11 GMT
Hi Cagdas & Michael,
our cluster works fine with no crashes so far even with more than one
million files - we have 11 datanodes and one namenode...

Cu on the 'net,
                        Bye - bye,

èrbnA >>>>>

Michael Bieniosek wrote:
> From my experience, the namenode almost never crashes.  It does use a lot of RAM, but
not nearly as much as it used to.  You might have problems if you have many many small files
(maybe 100,000s?).

> I have had more problems with datanode failures, particularly when there is mapreduce-generated
load on the machines running the datanodes.