From Jason Venner <ja...@attributor.com>
Subject Question about reporting progress in mapper tasks. 0.15.3
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 16:56:48 GMT
I have a mapper that for each task does extensive computation. In the
computation, I increment a counter once per major operation (about once
every 5 seconds). I can see this happening by the log messages, that
happen around the reporter.incrCounter call.

Still my mapper is getting killed after not reporting for 60X seconds,
it is clear that that incrementing a counter is insufficient disable the
kill timeout.

How do you disable the kill timeout?

--
Jason Venner