From Kayla Jay <kaylai...@yahoo.com>
Subject Map/Reduce with XML files ..
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 16:39:41 GMT
Hello

Has anyone had any experience with processing xml files within Hadoop within their maps/reduces?

In particular, has anyone used any sort of XQuery/XPath processing within their maps/reduces?

Say I have XML string passed to the map and now I want to find something in particular via
XQuery/XPath or some sort to run numbers on occurrences or parse out a particular section
within the XML.

Anyone done any XML processing looking for things within XML?  Then, aggregate common pieces
together in the reduces ?

On another note,
Has anyone figured out splits for XML files?
Has anyone written a custom XML reader other than the StreamXmlRecordReader?
The only one I've read about and can find anything is:
http://www.nabble.com/map-reduce-function-on-xml-string-td15816818.html

Thanks.

Be a better friend, newshound, and