From Anish Damodaran <Anish_Damoda...@infosys.com>
Subject regarding a query on the support of hadoop on windows.
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 06:48:58 GMT

Hello Sir,
I'm currently evaluating hadoop for windows. I would like to know the following
1. It is possible for us to use hadoop without Cygwin as of now? If not, how feasible is it
to use modify the scripts to support windows?
2. Does the efficiently decrease on account of the fact that hadoop on windows run on Cygwin?
3. Is some work happening with Hadoop to make it production level on windows platform?
4. I would like to know if there are any hadoop deployments on Windows platform?
5. Is there a way for me to contribute to Hadoop for windows platform?

Hoping to get answers to these questions.

Thanks & Regards,
Anish

e-mail system.