From "Prerna Manaktala" <prerna.manakt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: adding nodes to an EC2 cluster
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 03:47:28 GMT
Hey
Can u solve my problem also.
I am badly stuck up

I tried to set up hadoop with cygwin according to the
 paper:http://developer.amazonwebservices.com/connect/entry.jspa?externalID=873
 But I had problems working with dyndns.I created a new host
 there:prerna.dyndns.org
 and gave the ip address of it in hadoop-ec2-env.sh as a value of MASTER_HOST.
 But when I do bin/hadoop-ec2 start-hadoop the error comes:
 ssh:connect to host prerna.dyndns.org,port 22:connection refused
 ssh failed for root@prerna.dyndns.org
 Also a warning comes that:id_rsa_gsg-keypair not accesible:No such
 file or directory though there is this file.

As of now the status is:
I am working with the EC2 environment.
I registered and am being billed for EC2 and S3.
Right now I have two cygwin windows open.
1 is as an administrator-server(on which sshd running) in which I have
a separate folder for hadoop files
and am able to do bin/hadoop
1 as  a normal user-client.
In the client there is no hadoop folder and hence I cant run bin/hadoop.
>From here I do not know how to proceed?
I basically want to implement
http://developer.amazonwebservices.com/connect/entry.jspa?externalID=873.
Hence I created a host using dyndns.