From CloudyEye <suhe...@gmail.com>
Subject Simple SetWritable class
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:37:43 GMT

I tried to extend TreeSet to be Wrtiable. Here is what I did.

public class SetWritable extends TreeSet<Integer> implements
WritableComparable {

		clear();
		int sz=in.readInt();
		for (int i = 0; i < sz; i++) {
			add(in.readInt());
		}
	}

		out.writeInt(size());
		Iterator<Integer> iter=this.iterator();
		while (iter.hasNext()) {
			out.writeInt(iter.next());
		}
	}
}

 If I remove clear() from the readFields() I am gettting wrong output.(some
old data is written with the new ones !). With "clear()" it is ok as my
simple tests show.

Is this implementaion save to be used ?

Regards,