From Sujee Maniyam...@sujee.net>
Subject Re: Error in start up
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 21:57:44 GMT

>> logs/hadoop-root-datanode-R61-neptun.out

May be this will help you:

I am guessing - from the log file name above - that your hostname has
underscores/dashes. (e.g.   R61-neptune).  Could you try to use the hostname
without underscores?  (e.g.   R61neptune or even simple 'hadoop').

I had the same problem with Hadooop v0.16.3.  My hostnames were
'hadoop_master / hadoop_slave'.  And I was getting the 'Port of Out of Range
-1' exception.  Once I eliminated the underscores (e.g.  master / slave) it
started working.

thanks