From CloudyEye <suhe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can I use counters in Hadoop
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 08:51:49 GMT

Thank you. I tried a while with some code but I did not succeed in getting
the value of counters. Please check this code:

public class MyMapper extends MapReduceBase implements Mapper {
	private static enum myCounters {NUMBER_OF_ROWS}

	public void map(WritableComparable key, Writable values,
			OutputCollector output, Reporter reporter) throws IOException {

		reporter.incrCounter(myCounters.NUMBER_OF_ROWS, 1);
	}
}

And here is my simple reducer:
public class MyReduce extends MapReduceBase implements Reducer {
	private static enum myCounters {NUMBER_OF_ROWS}
	private static long numOfRows;

	public void configure(JobConf job) {
		super.configure(job);

		this.numOfRows= ????

	}
}

How can I assign the value of counter: NUMBER_OF_ROWS to the long variable
numOfRows  ??

Best regards,