From "Norbert Burger" <norbert.bur...@gmail.com>
Subject Hadoop streaming cacheArchive
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 16:47:42 GMT
I'm trying to use the cacheArchive command-line options with the
hadoop-0.15.3-streaming.jar.  I'm using the option as follows:

-cacheArchive hdfs://host:50001/user/root/lib.jar#lib

Unfortunately, my PERL scripts fail with an error consistent with not being
able to find the 'lib' directory (which, as I understand, should point back
to an extracted version of the lib.jar).

I know that the original JAR exists in HDFS, but I don't see any evidence of
lib.jar or a link called 'lib' inside my job.jar.  How can I troubleshoot
cacheArchive further?  Should the files/dirs specified via cacheArchive be
contained inside the job.jar?  If not, where should they be in HDFS?

Thanks for any help.

Norbert