From Ted Dunning <tdunn...@veoh.com>
Subject Re: Using HDFS as native storage
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 17:38:32 GMT

We evaluated several options for just this problem and eventually settled on
MogileFS.  That said, Mogile needed several weeks of work to get it ready
for prime time.  It will work pretty well for modest sized collections, but
for our stuff (many hundreds of millions of files, approaching PB of
storage), it just wasn't ready.  The fixes had to do with sharding the name
database across many mySQL instances and improving the handling of storage
system up-state.