From Ted Dunning <tdunn...@veoh.com>
Subject Re: [core-user] Processing binary files Howto??
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 18:18:51 GMT

You can certainly do this, but you are simply repeating the work that hadoop
developers have already done.

Can you say what kind of satellite data you will be processing?  If it is
imagery, then I would imagine that Google's use of map-reduce to prepare
image tiles for Google maps would be an interesting example.