From "Natarajan, Senthil" <sent...@pitt.edu>
Subject Hadoop Port Configuration
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 21:00:03 GMT
Hi,

I am using default settings from hadoop-default.xml and hadoop-site.xml

And I just changed this port number

<name>mapred.task.tracker.report.address</name>

  <!--<value>127.0.0.1:50024</value>-->

I created the firewall rule to allow port range 50000:50100 between the slaves and master.

But reduce on the slaves using some other ports seems. So Reduce always hangs with firewall
enabled. If I disable the firewall it works fine.

Could you please let me know what I am missing or where to control the hadoop random port
creation?

Thanks,
Senthil