From "Raghavendra K" <raghavendr...@gmail.com>
Subject Getting LibHDFS working
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 03:08:17 GMT
  Sorry for bringing up the topic again. I tried a lot many times, but I am
unable to get it working.
The C interface (LibHDFS) gives me segmentation fault even with the sample
program given with the package.
Here are the steps I followed.

--> Installed jdk1.5.0_14 , set $JAVA_HOME to point to it.
--> I am able to run  bin/start-all.sh and the jobs are running successfully
(saw the log files)
--> I move onto hadoop-0.15.3/src/c++/libhdfs and issue the make command,
able to compile after fixing "jni.h" not found error.
--> Added hadoop-core.jar and /conf to CLASSPATH (As suggested by Arun C

test-libhdfs.sh: line 83:  8396 Segmentation fault      (core dumped)

What should I do?
Is there any way out?

Raghavendra K