From "Naama Kraus" <naamakr...@gmail.com>
Subject Difference between local mode and distributed mode
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 13:03:47 GMT
Hi,

I ran a simple MapReduce job which defines 3 reducers:

*conf.setNumReduceTasks(3);*

When running on top of HDFS (distributed mode), I got 3 out files as I
expected.
When running on top of a local files system (local mode), I got 1 file and
not 3.

My question is whether the behavior in the local is the expected one, is a
bug, or maybe something needs to be configured in the local mode in order to
get the 3 files as well ?

Thanks for an insight, Naama

--
oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo
00 oo 00 oo