From "Alfonso Olias Sanz" <alfonso.olias.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: complete documentation of hadoop-site.xml
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 10:00:09 GMT
It is a good place to start
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/GettingStartedWithHadoop

Check the articles which descrive how to set up a sigle node and a two
cluster node.
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HadoopArticles
I followed them and it work! ;)

The two cluster node installation also scales to more nodes, just
adding the hostnames to the "slaves" file. But first you should make
it run for a Single host. (ssh related)

A full description of the xml file is provided with the Hadoop installation.
$HADOOP_HOME/conf/hadoop-default.xml

But I shouldn't have a look at this fill until you make it work with 1
and 2 nodes.