From "Cagdas Gerede" <cagdas.ger...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HDFS interface
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 00:32:41 GMT
I found the solution.  Please let me know if you have a better idea.

I added the following addResource lines.

    conf.addResource(new Path("location_of_hadoop-default.xml"));
    conf.addResource(new Path("location_of_hadoop-site.xml"));

    FileSystem fs = FileSystem.get(conf);

(Would be good to update the wiki page).

- CEG

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 5:04 PM, Cagdas Gerede <cagdas.gerede@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I see the following paragraphs in the wiki (
> http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HadoopDfsReadWriteExample)<http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HadoopDfsReadWriteExample>
>
> >Create a [image: [WWW]] FileSystem<http://hadoop.apache.org/core/api/org/apache/hadoop/fs/FileSystem.html>instance
by passing a new Configuration object. Please note that the
> following example code assumes that the >Configuration object will
> automatically load the *hadoop-default.xml* and *hadoop-site.xml*configuration files.
You may need to explicitly add these resource paths if

--
Best Regards, Cagdas Evren Gerede