From "Dan Tamowski" <tamowsk...@gmail.com>
Subject Custom Input Formats
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 15:14:15 GMT
Hello,

First, I am currently subscribed to the digest, could you please cc me at
tamowski.d@gmail.com with any replies. I really appreciate it.

I have a few questions regarding input formats. Specifically, I want to use
one complete text file per input format. I understand that I must implement
both FileInputFormat and and RecordReader. From there, however, I am not
sure what to do. Can I include these in my MR project or do I need to keep
them in a separate jar and reference that in HADOOP-CLASSPATH? Also should
HADOOP-CLASSPATH point to a directory of jars or does it mimic the
space-delimited manifest.mf? Finally, are there any examples of user-defined
input formats available anywhere?

Thanks,

Dan