From Prasan Ary <voicesnthed...@yahoo.com>
Subject Map/reduce with input files on S3
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 20:07:15 GMT
I am running hadoop on EC2. I want to run a jar MR application on EC2 such that input and output
files are on S3.

  I configured hadoop-site.xml so that  fs.default.name property points to my s3 bucket with
all required identifications  (eg; s3://<ID>:<secret key>@<bucket> ). I
created an input directory in this bucket and put an input file in this directory. Then I
restarted hadoop so that the new configuration takes into effect.

  When I try to run the jar file now, I get the message "Hook previously registered"  and
the application dies.

  Any Idea what might have gone wrong?

  thanks.