From Prasan Ary <voicesnthed...@yahoo.com>
Subject reading input file only once for multiple map functions
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:24:57 GMT
I have a very large xml file as input and a  couple of Map/Reduce functions. Input key/value
pair to all of my map functions is the same.
  I was wondering if there is a way that I read the input xml file only once, then create
key/value pair (also once) and give these k/v pairs as input to my map functions as opposed
to having to read the xml and generate key/value once for each map functions?

  thanks.