From "Taeho Kang" <tka...@gmail.com>
Subject Trash option in hadoop-site.xml configuration.
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:12:59 GMT
Hello,

I have these two machines that acts as a client to HDFS.

Node #1 has Trash option enabled (e.g. fs.trash.interval set to 60)
and Node #2 has Trash option off (e.g. fs.trash.interval set to 0)

When I order file deletion from Node #2, the file gets deleted right away.
while the file gets moved to trash when I do the same from Node #1.

This is a bit of surprise to me,
because I thought Trash option that I have set in the master node's config
file
applies to everyone who connects to / uses the HDFS.

Was there any reason why Trash option was implemented in this way?

Thank you in advance,

/Taeho