From tjohn <gtard...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dynamically adding slaves to hadoop cluster
Date Sun, 09 Mar 2008 20:17:56 GMT

Owen O'Malley-2 wrote:

> On Mar 9, 2008, at 9:54 AM, tjohn wrote:
>

>> Hi all, i m new to hadoop and i wanted to know how to dynamically
>> add a slave
>> to my cluster, obviously while it' s running.
>
> If you start a new data node (and/or task tracker), they will join
> the cluster of the configured name node / job tracker. After adding
> datanodes, you should rebalance your hdfs data.
>
> -- Owen

Yeah thanks Owen that' s useful but what i wanted to know is how to add a
new remote machine although it s not listed in the conf/slaves file and i
just don' t understand how to do it without stopping the cluster or the
process running on it. (sorry for my english, it' s not my native language
so probably it sounds like i m a bit rude.. )

John