From "Jim the Standing Bear" <standingb...@gmail.com>
Subject the best way to kill a bad job?
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 06:33:03 GMT
What is the best way to kill a bad job (e.g. an infinite loop)?   The
job I was running went into an infinite loop and I had to stop it with
ctrl-c on the master node.  Then I used bin/stop-all.sh hoping to stop
the entire hadoop system... But that didn't work.  I had to manually
log into every node and use kill -9 to terminate all these java
processes.

There's gotta be a better way of doing this - I cannot imagine doing
this for a 1000 node cluster...  Can someone enlighten me please.
Thanks.

-- Jim