From "Garth Patil" <garthpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Yahoo's production webmap is now on Hadoop
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:47:53 GMT
Hi Owen,
A very impressive feat. Definitely the shining star of Hadoop's scalability.
I'd be interested to know what other problems Yahoo! has solved in the
process of scaling these jobs up to 10k cores, that are not
represented by parts of Hadoop and other tools included in the
distribution. I wonder if there are other cluster provisioning,
management and monitoring tools that Yahoo! uses, that have
contributed to, and made possible this great success.
Thank you,
Garth