From "Miles Osborne" <mi...@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Subject Cross-data centre DFS communication?
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:43:31 GMT
Currently, we have the following setup:

--cluster A, running Nutch: small RAM per node

--cluster B, just running Hadoop:  lots of RAM per node

At some point in the future we will want cluster B to talk to cluster A, and
ideally this should be DFS-to-DFS

Is this possible?  Or do we need to do something like:

Cluster A --> Unix filesystem --> Cluster B

via hadoop dfs -cat / -put operations etc

Thanks

Miles

--
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland,
with registration number SC005336.