From "Albert Strasheim" <full...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Hadoop as a shared file system
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 07:20:02 GMT

I'm not exactly sure how to apply WebDAV to the scenario I outlined.
As I said, I would like to avoid having to duplicate my data inside a
HDFS. Once I have that, I guess I could expose it as a WebDAV service
when HADOOP-496 gets done.

If you mean a WebDAV setup outside of Hadoop, that is something I
could possibly consider, but I would like to reuse the Hadoop
FileSystem interface if possible. I'd prefer not to have to integrate
a WebDAV server and client into my Java code if I can just reuse work
from Hadoop.

On Feb 12, 2008 12:44 AM, Fernando Padilla <fern@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> Have you put any thought into Webdav?  Or did you write that off as well?

View raw message