From "Mahadev Konar" <maha...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject RE: [HOD] hdfs:///mapredsystem directory
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 17:28:21 GMT
Hi Luca,
  This seems like a bug. The JobTracker process tries to create this
directory if this does nto exist. And if you have two different users
running hod clusters they will both try to create this directory and
since only one succeeds, with permissions the directory is owned by the
user who created the cluster first.

A work around to this solution is to create

Hdfs:///mapredsystem manually and make it world writable.

Please open a bug regarding this issue.

View raw message