From Steve Sapovits <ssapov...@invitemedia.com>
Subject Re: long write operations and data recovery
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 00:54:29 GMT

> How does replication affect this?  If there's at least one replicated
>  client still running, I assume that takes care of it?

Never mind -- I get this now after reading the docs again.

My remaining point of failure question concerns name nodes.  The docs say manual
intervention is still required if a name node goes down.  How is this typically managed
in production environments?   It would seem even a short name node outage in a
data intestive environment would lead to data loss (no name node to give the data
to).

--
Steve Sapovits
Invite Media  -  http://www.invitemedia.com