From Hemanth Yamijala <yhema...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: More HOD questions 0.16.0 - debug log enclosed - help with how to debug
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 07:54:59 GMT
Jason Venner wrote:
> My hadoop jobs don't start
> This is configured to use an existing DFS and to unpack a tarball with
> a cut down 0.16.0 config
> I have looked in the mom logs on the client machines and am not
> getting anything meaningful.
What is your hod command line ? Specifically, how did you provide the
tarball option ?
Can you attach the log of the hod command, like you did the hodrc. There
are some lines in the output that don't seem complete.
Set your debug option in the [ringmaster] section to 4, and rerun hod.
Under the log-dir specified in the [ringmaster] section you will be able
to see a log file corresponding to your jobid. Can you attach that too ?
The ringmaster node is the first one allocated by torque for the job,
that is, the mother superior for the job.
How is your tarball built ? Can you check that there's no hadoop-env.sh
with pre-filled values in them. Look at HADOOP-2860.

View raw message