From Jason Venner <ja...@attributor.com>
Subject Re: Question on metrics via ganglia
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 19:17:51 GMT
Well, with the metrics file changed to perform file based logging,
metrics do appear.
On digging into the GangliaContext source, it looks like it is using udp
for reporting, and we modified the gmond.conf to receive via udp as well
as tcp. netstat -a -p shows gmond monitoring 8649 for both tcp and udp.
Still nothing visible via the ganglia ui and no rrd file for anything
hadoop related.