From Jason Venner <ja...@attributor.com>
Subject Question on metrics via ganglia
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 18:28:49 GMT
We have modified my metrics file, distributed it and restarted our
cluster. We have gmond running on the nodes, and a machine on the vlan
with gmetad running.
We have statistics for the machines in the web ui, and our statistics
reported by the gmetric program are present. We don't see any hadoop
reporting.

Clearly we have something basic wrong in our understanding of how to set
this up.

# Configuration of the "dfs" context for null
# dfs.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.spi.NullContext

# Configuration of the "dfs" context for file
#dfs.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.file.FileContext
#dfs.period=10
#dfs.fileName=/tmp/dfsmetrics.log

# Configuration of the "dfs" context for ganglia
dfs.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.ganglia.GangliaContext
dfs.period=10
dfs.servers=localhost:8649

# Configuration of the "mapred" context for null
# mapred.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.spi.NullContext

# Configuration of the "mapred" context for file
#mapred.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.file.FileContext
#mapred.period=10
#mapred.fileName=/tmp/mrmetrics.log

# Configuration of the "mapred" context for ganglia
mapred.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.ganglia.GangliaContext
mapred.period=10
mapred.servers=localhost:8649

# Configuration of the "jvm" context for null
# jvm.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.spi.NullContext

# Configuration of the "jvm" context for file
#jvm.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.file.FileContext
#jvm.period=10
#jvm.fileName=/tmp/jvmmetrics.log

# Configuration of the "jvm" context for ganglia
jvm.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.ganglia.GangliaContext
jvm.period=10
jvm.servers=localhost:8649

--
Jason Venner