From Amar Kamat <ama...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: URLs contain non-existant domain names in machines.jsp
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2008 14:19:31 GMT
Ben Kucinich wrote:
> I have a Hadoop running on a master node fs.default.name
> is and mapred.job.tracker is
Actually the masters are the nodes where the JobTracker and the NameNode
are running i.e in your case. would be your client node, the node from where the jobs are
> I am accessing it's web pages on port 50030 from another machine. I
> visited It showed:-
> Name	Host	# running tasks	Failures	Seconds since heartbeat
> tracker_hadoop.domain.example.com:/	hadoop.domain.example.com	0	0	9
The tacker-name is tracker_<tracker-hostname:port> where hostname is
obtained from the DNS nameserver passed by
'mapred.tasktracker.dns.nameserver' in conf/hadoop-default.xml. So I
guess in your case "hadoop.domain.example.com"
is the name obtained from the DNS nameserver for that node. Can you
provide more details on the xml parameters you have
changed in conf directory. Also can you provide more details on how you
are starting your hadoop.
> Now, when I click on
> tracker_hadoop..domain.example.com:/ link it takes me to
> http://hadoop.domain.example.com:50060/. But there is no DNS entry for
> hadoop in our DNS server. So, I get error in browser. "hadoop" is just
> the locally set name in the master node. From my machine I can't
> access the master node as "hadoop". I have to access it as IP address
> So, this link fails. Is there a way I can set it so
> that, it doesn't use names but only IP address in forming this link?

View raw message