From Nathan Wang <nathanw...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Using jmx fails because of multiple port listeners
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 17:19:02 GMT
Right, you can't add that line globally.  That will affect all processes.

What you can do is to modify this file: HADOOP_HOME/bin/hadoop.
For each process, give a different port number.
For example, for tasktracker, assign port 12345:
elif [ "$COMMAND" = "tasktracker" ] ; then
  CLASS=org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker
  HADOOP_OPTS="$HADOOP_OPTS -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=12345
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false"
elif [ "$COMMAND" = "job" ] ; then

Nathan

-----Original Message-----
From: f.galema@gmail.com [mailto:f.galema@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Ferdy Galema
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2008 8:48 AM
To: core-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Using jmx fails because of multiple port listeners

If I use the following parameters in mapred.child.java.opts, then the
Reduce tasks will inmediately fail with exit code 1.

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=7575 -
Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false -
Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false

The problem is the fact that there are 2 JVM's spawned with this parameters,
despite the fact that tasks/node is 1. (The Reduce task is already being
started sort of, along with the Map task).

So how do I enable remote jmx connecting?