From "Jean-Daniel Cryans" <jdcry...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Confusing connection issue with client
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2008 17:55:51 GMT
No problem, I ran into the same kind of problem lately but using the latest
code available and it was something like my port wasn't open but, as it was
running inside a VMware  (I don't want to mess with my 12 nodes cluster too
much), I resorted to running the code inside the vm.

But for your case, I would first suggest using the latest code on your
cluster and remote client because 0.15.x isn't really supported for HBase
(read http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/Plan-0.17). I may also suggest
using the all new HBase email list :
hbase-user-subscribe@hadoop.apache.org

Not sure if it will fix your problem, just a guess ;)

jdcryans