From "Jaya Ghosh" <jgh...@CoWare.com>
Subject java error
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 04:13:02 GMT
Hello,

As per my earlier mails I could not deploy Nutch on Linux . Now am
attempting the same using cygwin as per the tutorial by Peter Wang. Can
someone from the list help me resolve the attached error? Atleast on Linux I
could run the crawl.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/util/PlatformName

org.apache.hadoop.util.PlatformName

                at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method)

                at
java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)

                at
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:276)

                at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)

org/apache/nutch/crawl/Crawl

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.nutch.crawl.Crawl

                at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method)

                at
java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)

                at
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:276)

                at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)

Exception in thread "main"

P.S. Have sent this mail to nutch-users as well but so far no response from
their end. Am a writer and not very technical to debug the errors.

Regards,

Jaya