From rajarsi <raj_sar...@yahoo.com>
Subject How can one query the mapreduce results from the dfs files ? - Newbee
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 17:13:35 GMT

I have run the mapreduce job and created an index of Names which is duly
stored in the dfs. My question is, if we have to query the index by a
certain name, how can I do it ? Is there any sql-like mechanism for doing it
? Would I need to use another apache-developed-application on top of Hadoop
for the purpose or would I need to load the data from the dfs into a
database and perform queries then [shifting data from one storage to another
doesnt make much sense though] ? Your help will be appreciated.