From Pete Wyckoff <pwyck...@facebook.com>
Subject Re: hadoop file system browser
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 19:29:20 GMT

I attached the newest version to:

Still a work in progress and any help appreciated. Not much by way of
instructions but here are some:

1. download and install fuse and do a modprobe fuse
2. modify fuse_dfs.c¹s Makefile to have the right paths for fuse, hdfs.h and
jni
3. ensure you have hadoop in your class path and the jni stuff in your
library path
4. mkdir /tmp/hdfs
5. ./fuse_dfs dfs://hadoop_namenode:9000 /tmp/hdfs ­d

Probably will be missing things in your class path and LD_LIBRARY_PATH when
you do 5, so just add them and iterate.  To run this as production quality,
you basically need fuse_dfs in root¹s path and add a line to /etc/fstab. For
people interested, I can give you my config line.

-- pete